Whether you live alone with a hectic work schedule or have kids and pets that barely heed your commands, your house is likely to be a mess.
There’s a trail of kids’ toys from the living room to the bedroom.
Your furry little friend has left paw marks all over the floor. The sink is overflowing with dishes even though you’ve got a dishwasher load on.
If yes, let us quickly remind you that this is nothing to be embarrassed about. With kids, personal time, and busy work routines, it can be hard to keep a clean home.
That’s where professional cleaning services come in.
But now you might wonder, is my house too dirty for a cleaning service? The short answer is No. The long answer is in the guide below.
Is My House Too Dirty For a Cleaning Service? Why You Might Think So
If you think your house is too dirty for a cleaning service, welcome to the club. You’re not alone. Here’s why many people think this way.
”The Mess Is Embarrassing.”
In all honesty, we’ve all looked at our homes after a weekend movie night with the kids or a messy game of Monopoly and thought, ”I can’t let anyone else see this mess”.
In such a time, just the thought of letting a professional cleaner walk into your home might seem harrowing. But here’s the thing: professional deep cleaning services see sights like this every day.
It’s normal for them. And it should be to you too.
”The Cleaners Will Judge Me”.
Telling you from our experience at Eco-Friendly Cleaning Services, professional cleaners won’t judge you. They’ll simply come in with their vacuum cleaners and mops and get to work.
When we arrive at our client’s properties, we don’t judge them for the mess. What we see is a project that we need to do to the best of our abilities.
”I Don’t Deserve a Cleaner.”
It’s not uncommon to feel that you don’t deserve professional cleaning services simply because you ‘feel’ as if you’re not taking good care of your home. Let’s revise this thought.
I take good care of my home. However, I’ve been caught up with work lately. Or, I’m too tired to deal with cleaning on top of other things. So, a cleaner could help.
Doesn’t that sound better already?
Is It Possible For a House to Be Too Dirty For Cleaning?
Is my house too dirty for a cleaning service? We’ve already mentioned the answer is almost always No. Almost.
In which instances might your home actually be too dirty for cleaning? Safety is the main factor here.
The following homes may be too dirty (Read: unsafe) for professional cleaners:
- Hoarder houses
- Homes with mold or asbestos
- Home with hazardous materials, such as chemicals and excrement that have been lying around for too long
Simply put, if it’s unsafe, it’s not for professional cleaners. Instead, you’ll need specialized services. For example, a professional mold removal company could help you.
Once they’ve removed all traces of mold from your property, a professional cleaning service can jump in.
Similarly, if your home has been built recently, it will have a lot of leftover construction material. In this case, you’ll need post construction cleaning services rather than regular maids.
Luckily, at Eco-Friendly Cleaning Services, we offer both. Book now!
How to Prepare Your Home for Cleaning Services?
Yes, your home might not be too dirty for a cleaning service. But it always helps to tidy up a bit beforehand.
Here are some things you can do:
- Move furniture items that may be a hurdle in cleaning.
- Clear surfaces, like tables and countertops.
- Keep your valuables in a safe place so that they don’t get damaged during cleaning.
- Pick up large items from the floor, such as shoes or toys.
- Clean any towels or clothes lying around in the bathroom.
- Open the windows to let some fresh air in.
Most deep cleaning services bring their cleaning tools and solutions with them. But if you’ve hired a service that doesn’t do this, you should also put out the cleaning supplies for them.
Here are some of them:
- Cleaning tools, like mops, brushes, and a vacuum cleaner
- Window cleaning solution
- All-purpose cleaner
- Bathroom and tile cleaning solution
- Dusting cloths
Check out this video to learn more.
5 Things to Do Before The Cleaning Service Arrives
By now, you should know the basics for preparing your home for cleaners. Here are five other things to make their job easier.
1. Get Organized
Getting organized can mean a lot of things. One, it means being prepared for the cleaners yourself. If you want to be at home while they work, make sure you do not get in their way.
If you plan to be outside, provide everything the cleaners would need before leaving the house.
What about pets and kids? The best thing is to keep them away from the area to be cleaned. Most cleaners use safe and non-toxic cleaning solutions. But even then, reducing foot traffic in the area is the best policy.
Organization also means preparing your home. Here are some tips:
- Fold the blankets. Even better, make your bed.
- Unplug your electronics and put them in their designated place.
- Put away your personal items, such as clothes and makeup.
- Keep your medications in the medicine cabinet.
- Remove stray plates and cups from the floor and other surfaces.
2. Do the Dishes
Whether you do this or not will depend on the cleaning service. Do they do the dishes? Have you paid for it? Or do they not do dishes?
If they don’t, make sure you do the dishes before they arrive. Plates with two-day-old grease and cups with rotten milk will only make the cleaning task harder for professionals.
If the dishes are done, the cleaners will have a clearer area to work with. They’ll then be able to make your kitchen spick and span in no time.
3. Brush Up the Bathroom.
Has your little one had an accident on the floor? Is there any toilet paper lying around that misses the dustbin?
These things need to be removed before a cleaning service arrives.
If you remove these things beforehand, the cleaners will be able to focus on other parts of the bathroom, such as the tubs, vanity, and floors.
4. Lay Out Your Expectations.
Make a list of expectations before the cleaners enter your home. This way, you can tell them exactly what you need.
Here are some questions to help.
- Do you want them to clean the inside of the fridge?
- Does the bathroom grout need cleaning?
- Do the blinds need dusting?
- Do you want them to use specific cleaning solutions?
- Does a carpet need steam cleaning?
The key is to be specific and honest. It will make things easier for both parties.
5. Do Some Pre-Cleaning (if you have time).
No, you don’t have to scrub every surface in the house. But doing some pre-cleaning can help you save money and time. Here are some things you can do:
Put everyone’s shoes where they belong.
- Take the trash out.
- Clean any spills on the floors.
- Load the dishwasher.
- Remove clutter, like books, toys, cushions, and clothes.
- Clean out your pets’ food and water bowls.
- Wipe the appliances, like the coffee maker and the microwave.
Here’s a video to give you some insider scoop on tips to hire a house cleaning service.
How Long Does Professional Cleaning Take?
When you think, is my house too dirty for a cleaning service, you may also wonder if it would take them hours to bring your home to its original condition. The time it takes professional cleaners will depend on the following factors:
- Size of your home
- Level of mess
- Services provided
- Number of cleaners working
A professional house cleaning service can take anywhere from an hour to four hours to clean your home. Meanwhile, house steam cleaning takes about two hours.
If your home has been due for a cleaner for a long time, it might take longer than four hours. But it’s nothing a professional cleaner cannot handle in a day.
Why Eco-Friendly Cleaning Services Is the Best Choice For Your Home if you live in New-Zealand?
Is my house too dirty for a cleaning service? We don’t think so.
- We’ve cleaned hundreds of homes and apartments. So, there’s nothing we haven’t seen.
- Our cleaners are trained to handle any kind of mess.
- We use the best equipment and cleaning supplies to ensure a thorough cleaning.
- We also offer post-renovation and post-construction cleaning. That means we’ve seen the worse it can get.
Ready for the best part? We offer flat pricing based on your home’s size. You don’t have to worry about any nasty surprises or hidden costs. Check out our pricing page, or call us today to learn more.